It is time for Spring Cleaning! Heaven’s Best Carpet Cleaning has some simple Spring Cleaning Tips for our customers in Birmingham, AL. Spring Cleaning is typically when we move things around and try to clean above, below, and behind everything in our homes. It is a great time to air out the house and do a thorough cleaning. There are some areas that are often neglected. Here is a list of a few areas that are easy to forget. Don’t forget to clean these areas:
1. Walls: Although they may not look dirty, they can attract dust and dirt and will start to look dull and dingy after a while. Use the vacuum brush attachment on your vacuum to dust them and then wipe them down with an all-purpose cleaner. Or, just use a clean towel to dust and then wipe down with wet rag and all-purpose cleaner.
2. Baseboards: You can also use the attachment on your vacuum to dust your baseboards. Or use a microfiber cloth to dust. After dry dusting, clean with a damp cloth and all-purpose cleaner.
3. Shelves: Instead of just dusting around the items, for Spring Cleaning you need to take everything off the shelves and then dust. The easiest way to do this is to designate an area to put everything from the shelf. Talk all the items off at one time. Dust and wipe thoroughly. As you replace each item, dust it as well.
4. Ceiling fans: Ceiling fans can attract layers of dust and are often hard to get to. If you can reach them with your vacuum attachment, use it to dust. If not, the easiest way to clean them is to use a pillowcase. This works amazingly. Take your pillowcase and slip it completely over a blade. Then slowly pull it back using your hand pressure to wipe. If your fans are really dirty, you may need to take it outside and shake between blades. After you get the dust off, you can take another clean pillowcase and spray the inside with cleaner. Do the same process again with each blade. Slip the bag over the blade and wipe clean.
5. Carpets, Upholstery & Floors: Don’t forget about your Carpets, Upholstery & Floors! Having them professionally cleaned in the Spring is one of the easiest ways to spruce up your home and give it that fresh, clean feeling. Heaven’s Best Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning can definitely help with these Spring Cleaning needs. Call us today at (205) 618-9150 for a FREE ESTIMATE on cleaning your Carpets, Upholstery, Hardwoods, Tile & Grout, or Floors. We have the best rates in Birmingham! Try all these great Heaven’s Best Carpet Spring Cleaning Tips in Birmingham, AL, to make your house look and smell clean.