With all the storms and rain we’ve been having lately, you might be wondering how to get mud out of carpet in Birmingham, AL. Rain and mud can make the task of keeping our carpets clean even harder than normal. The problem is made even worse if you have children or pets. Pets need to go outside, yet it can be difficult to completely towel dry them every time they come back into the house. Children often forget to take their shoes off or to clean them properly. The result is the same: muddy prints on the carpets.
So, you may be wondering… How do I get mud out of my carpets? We’ve got an easy to follow guide to getting that unwanted mud and dirt out of your carpet.
- The first and most important step is to let the mud dry. This might seem counterintuitive and you may want to get rid of the mud as soon as possible, but the mud will be much easier to remove and less likely to smear and create a bigger mess if you allow it to dry completely before trying to remove it. If the mud is VERY wet, you can blot gently with a towel to prevent the moisture from soaking unto the carpet pad. No rubbing! It is much better to simply allow the mud to dry.
- Once the mud is dry, slowly vacuum any soiled areas to remove the dirt. Vacuuming slowly will remove more dirt then quickly going over it several times. Vacuum twice as long as your normally would. Make several passes over the muddy area, vacuuming in all directions. The more vacuuming the better.
- After you have removed as much dirt as possible with the vacuum, it is time to tackle the remaining stain with an easy to make solution. Mix one-teaspoon mild dish detergent to one cup lukewarm water.
- Use a white cloth to blot the solution onto the carpet. Using a white cloth will allow you to see the stain lifting and the progress being made.
- Continue blotting, switching out the towel as necessary until the stain is gone.
- Once the stain is removed use a new cloth to gently blot until the area is dry.
- If you’ve carried out the above steps and still find you have mud stains on your carpet, it may be time to call in the professionals. Heaven’s Best of Birmingham can remove almost any stain with powerful, professional grade equipment and uniquely formulated cleaners.
If you’ve tried our tips and still need help with how to get mud out of carpet in Birmingham, AL call Heaven’s Best today at 205-739-1880. It would be our pleasure to help bring life back to those muddy carpets. We can’t wait to serve you!