There’s nothing quite like discovering a glorious gum stain on your freshly cleaned carpet, is there? If you have kids there’s no telling when a gum stain will cross your path. But when it does, don’t panic! This article will tell you How to get Bubble Gum out of your carpet from Heaven’s Best Carpet Cleaning of Birmingham.
Like most stains, when you try to remove gum from carpet, your best bet is doing so as soon as possible. The longer the gum stain sits in your carpet, the harder it will be to remove.
Try this do-it-yourself method if you discover gum in your carpet.
- Place a few handfuls of ice in a zip lock bag.
- Put the bag of ice directly onto the gum stain. This will harden the gum so it’s easier to remove gum from carpet.
- Use a scraping tool or knife to fully scrape the gum from the carpet.
- Sponge the gum stain directly with cleaning fluid such as 409.
- Cover the gum stain with a clean white towel or rag to soak up any remaining liquid and continue patting dry.
If this does not work, or you don’t have time to mess with it, just give Heaven’s Best Carpet & Rug Cleaners a call at (205) 739-1880. We have a Gum Freezer Spray that we can apply and then we have special cleaning solutions that will dissolve the gum. So, don’t fret over nasty gum stuck in your carpet. Try the method above for How to get Bubble Gum out of your carpet from Heaven’s Best Carpet Cleaning of Birmingham, AL, and if you still need help give us a call at (205) 739-1880. Heaven’s Best is a full-service professional Carpet, Floor and Upholstery Cleaning service. We also clean Area Rugs and Mattresses. And, we have the best rates in Birmingham, AL. Call us at (205) 739-1880, or use the form below to contact us.